View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 10:05 AM  
st0ned
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fris View Post
never installed it myself no, ive used wpml though but you have to put the translate strings in yourself.
Thanks for the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmike7 View Post
I'm not sure about that one specifically and have heard bad things about it, but you want a translation widget that creates and caches the translated data on load instead of changing anything in the index if you don't want negative SEO. Some translation widgets can cause crawl errors, duplicate content/pages, and/or bigger load and file size on your server.

Hope this helps
It does help, thanks. Any suggestions on an existing plugin which has those features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
it doesn't even work, like all the plugins based on Google translate services since Google took down the API. There's a translation plugin based in Bing that still works, only that it doesn't do automatic translations, but you have to request it (which is better for SEO). Don't remember the name though
The Bing route does seem like it would be less spammy. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyTheDog View Post
You can push feeds through Yahoo Pipes translate module - It spits out a translated RSS, JSon or PHP array ready to import into WP in the usual way.
Good idea as well, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
ok, I installed it again and now it works, even the free version
Awesome.

My question still remains though, has anyone successfully done this? What effects whether positive or negative did you see?
st0ned is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote