View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 AM  
PR_Glen
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor View Post
No, please go ahead and explain how "more people invest in oil company stock" (increasing supply) somehow raises prices. Those of us who just understand basics such as supply and demand would appreciate the education.

If you'd prefer to change the topic and instead talk about futures, perhaps you can explain that. It seems to me, and most simple business executives I'd guess, that if six months ago I prepaid for today's gas at $3.00, I have much less need for $4.00 gas. I already locked in the $3.00 price when I bought the future contract (10,000 gallon prepaid gas card).

To people who just run companies all day, buying and selling things, it would seem that the ability to lock in future expenses at today's prices would tend to even out fluctuations in pricing.

Perhaps you can explain that. Or, you could think for ten seconss and realize basic common sense shows your idealogical blame game to be goofy.
because that's not what he said.. he said the stock prices go up when the prices of gas goes up.. how is that even an argument here?