View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
I haven't heard explanations - only leaps of logic into leaps of faith; "common sense" logic, probability, possibility, hypotheses and theory.
During the 1940s a B25 bomber crashed into the Empire State Building. To this day it blows my mind that the Empire State Building is still standing. However, the differences are staggering. The Empire State Building is "old school" - all concrete and steel and not hollow at all - the plane was a lot less smaller, had less fuel, and was flying a lot slower.

You tell me that an airliner has hit a building, and to me it's only common sense that the airplane is going to win.

Quote:
I'd like to know how asymmetrical inward bowing of perimeter columns could lead to global, symmetrical collapse and the destruction of core columns. How fire and heat that should take several hours to even soften steel in an enclosed area, can do so in less than an hour in open-air conditions.
Simple. The outer structure was damaged, nothing was holding up the floors, and then fell - down.

I never said anything about "softening steel". It was weakened. You have balls and jet fuel, it's common sense that steel can be weakened.

Quote:
It's what they don't say, explain or outline that frustrates me. It's their denial of molten, lava-like rivers of steel beneath the debris.
How many times do we have to cover this? The debris was on fire underground for weeks. It was so hot they mapped hot spots from airplanes. This simmered for weeks.

Quote:
Actually "squibs" or ejections of air, dust and other materials pop out of windows, not corners or anywhere there's solid structural support.

The problems with some of the squibs in the WTC videos is that they're erupting from building corners, where three to four solid steel skyscraper beams are intersecting...
You haven't researched this, have you? The lines for the hydraulic fluid that ran lifts for the window washers were located in all four corners of the towers every few floors. That hydraulic fluid had to go someplace, and being as it had an outlet (read: weak point) every few floors where they hooked up to it, it's pretty plausible that this was hydraulic fluid bursting out of the buildings at high speed, taking debris with it.

Quote:

The buildings were buildings, please. Their self-enclosure did not mean they created their own air to breathe; and the "air tight" argument goes "out the window" when those planes made those big holes in them, the engines and explosion of fuel punched holes in the walls and windows on the other side, and the so-called fireballs managed to fly shrieking down the elevator shafts to the lobby and blow out those doors while setting other fires along the way, I guess by blowing out those elevator doors too.
These were not buildings in the traditional sense at all. They were in fact air tight - there was a massive hvac system that was larger than most buildings that pumped air in and out of the buildings. The elevator shafts were hermetically sealed, and not all floors were compromised.

Quote:

Thermite and unignited Thermate flakes were found in much of the dust, from many sources. Thermite is not used for indoor welding, and somehow I don't think they would have found it so evidently in the dust if it was from the initial weld jobs forty years ago.
Dude, seriously, Wikipedia:

Thermite is not an explosive; instead it operates by exposing a very small area of metal to extremely high temperatures. Intense heat focused on a small spot can be used to cut through metal or weld metal components together both by melting metal from the components, and by injecting molten metal from the thermite reaction itself.

Thermite may be used for repair by the welding in-place of thick steel sections such as locomotive axle-frames where the repair can take place without removing the part from its installed location.

Your telling me that Thermite is an explosion that was used to bring down buildings, and wikipedia is telling me it's not an explosive. Wikipedia is also telling me it's used in welding. The caption I grabbed says "thick steel sections" - as one would imagine would be used in a skyscraper.

Of course thermite is going to be present. The entire skyscraper was built using it.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote