View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:26 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
Damn evil webmasters...

But seems that it doesn't matter how much you make in an hour, more important is how much you spend.
True, over the years we made a lot of money, we spent a lot less. So NOW I can sit here and watch people struggle in a shrinking business.

The $3,000 is on top of what we currently do on all the sites and just by me driving traffic to Astral Blue. If I get there earlier, I will let you all know.

For someone to take the next step up the ladder or just diversify needs skills, talent and money. So what would it take for an experienced traffic pusher, seller, designer, converter and all the other skills. Plus money does it takes to make a site pay?

Hosting, wonderful deals around today. $1,000 tops.
Design, wonderful deals around today. $1,000 tops.
CMS, wonderful deals around today. $3,000 tops.
Content, wonderful deals around today. $3,000 tops for this package.

$8,000 to diversify into a micro niche, that the owner runs. 320 sign ups of his or 400 of a mix his and affiliates. After that it's profit except for affiliates and hosting. A business plan that returns an initial investment in 6 months is an abnormality, exceptional and out of the normal run of things. Most businesses plan to turn a profit on a new venture in a year, 2 or even 3.

Telling the idiots how a normal business works as they tap on their keyboard from home, is like talking in Mandarin to them.

When you read this from all the "know it alls" who can run their mouths and little else. You realise these guys like being at the tail end. Never getting to the head and on the steering wheel of one site. They no doubt will come up with every excuse imaginable. Ultimately they are talking up to a league above them or out of their asses.

They would soon learn the reason some sponsors can afford to be so generous. Up to 1/3 of the traffic that land on a site has no affiliate link or attributed to anyone. It just appears. No need to shave, no need to cut corners, samples get spread around and the traffic turns up.

I don't hate affiliates. Just the ones who are little pricks with smaller balls.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote