View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:22 AM  
Ann-Angelcom
Confirmed User

One more thing that I find interesting and always sticks in my mind (this is only my own opinion haven't heard it repeated anywhere else) is bush's reaction to the whole thing.

Think about it if it was a movie. Just suppose this was a movie. You as the writer would place the president of the USA (who in your story knows of the pending attack) in the mos innocent place at they time of the attack. As a writer you ask yourself why would my character want to be in the most innocent place? Well for obvious feeling of guilt that torments the character but also to completely disassociate the character with any guilt. Reading to elementary school kids couldn't have been written any better for a movie plot. It's perfect.
Now think of your characters reaction when he finds out the attack he knew would take place actually does take place. He would suddenly be faced with the reality of what he had known all along. Maybe he mumbles a god rest their souls in his head. Maybe he is tormented by guilt at that exact moment. All these feelings suddenly surface and he freezes. A blank stare. And moments pass before he goes back into action. Such as bush did.
I couldn't have written a better story myself. Yet there it was for all to see in plain sight.

Let's say the character didn't know of any impending attack. He was oblivious when he is approached with the information and is really Ito reading my pet goat. Now how would that character react? If the writer didn't make the character jump out of the seat it would be considered not believable and the scene wouldn't work. I think it's safe to say anyone faced with this kind of information in one quick blow would have had a totally different reaction to it had they not had prior knowledge. "crashed into what!?" the character would exclaim as he springs into action.

Again this is just something that struck me as odd that day and no one ever talks about it. could be nothing at all and I certainly am not saying this to tie it in to what I believe to be true controlled and planned demos or to use it as proof of my original points. I am only offering it as food for thought.

Do I think bush and our govt planned this? Highly unlikely. I believe there are larger powers at work ....the guys who really run this world. They said hey this is what is going to happen and how and when. You just sit there and look pretty and offer comfort tothe people. To me what you saw on bush's face that day was true concealed remorse for those people that he knew he had no power in saving because this event was going to happen with or without him.

End scene.