View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:46 PM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
Well that's the whole point of steel frame building construction - they don't topple, they're made of thicker, stronger constituents at the bottom than at the top, and they're embedded so firmly in the ground that even a great earthquake only makes them oscillate.
You are implying that because they they are embedded into the ground, that at worst they would oscillate in an earth quake.

The truth of the matter is, is that that all tall buildings oscillate all the time. Most modern buildings are built with this in mind, and many have dampers.

Regardless, this has nothing at all to do with 9/11. THe buildings did not fall due to oscillation. Despite the size of jumbo jets, most of the energy of the collision was dispursed out of the sides of the buildings and, even if the buildings absorbed all of the energy, it probably would not have been enough to make them oscillate or tip over.

The collapse of the buildings has everything to do with the weight of the upper portion of the building, multiplied by the velocity of the first, second and 3rd story fall, onto the support structure below it. The total energy of (weight + velocity) * acceleration was too much for the structure to support, so it too broke apart, and became a part of the down-falling mass. Hence, Pancake.

It is so obvious to me that this is what happened and it is stunning to me that people see anything different.

I will grant that other conspiracy theories about who was behind it and who profited etc are all very interesting and very plausible but again, there is *nothing* plausible about WTC falling due to controlled demolition. I have seen zero, zero, zero proof of this.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote