View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 09:58 PM  
MediaGuy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
No I didn't say any of that, nor am I aware of where you would even get such an impression.
I admit that I read into it because it was a question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
Do you think 2 of the largest buildings in the world were designed, in a worst case scenario, to take out all of southern Manhattan by falling on their side?
I guess the answer is: Yes.

If you meant to imply that they were designed to NOT take out all of southern Manhattan in a worst case scenario, then what are you intending? That they were built to collapse straight down right through all that steel support in a worst case scenario?

Like I said, if things were so 2012-bad, and the towers were to collapse, it would be the sinking of Manhattan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Not true! All tall buildings oscillate. The Taipei 101 Skyscraper for example has a 700 Ton Ball inside it that moves as the building sways due to wind, tremors and other harmonic vibrations, and acts as a damper that absorbs that energy away from the structure of the building itself. This is usually called the "Tuned Mass Damper".
Eh... that's what I said:
Quote:
even a great earthquake only makes them oscillate
:D

YOU Are Industry News!
Press Releases: pr[at]payoutmag.com
Facebook: Payout Magazine! Facebook: MIKEB!
MediaGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote