View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Can someone please explain the GOP / TEA PARTY / to me?

First, I'm a Canadian who just happens to have discovered his inner political-nerd. I watch and read alot of news and find the US politics really interesting.

I have a question that I can't seem to get an answer from and I was hoping to get some feedback here.

From everything I have seen and read, it APPEARS that there are many republicans that seem to be ... well... evil!

Please tell me where I am wrong and / or correct me on the following:

- Republicans seem to favour big oil over anything.
- Republicans care nothing for the environment.
- Republicans favour the Bible and blind faith over science and base all of their decisions on it.
- Republicans SEEM to be homophobic, as they SEEM to want to deny civil liberties to homosexuals and use the Bible as some kind of justification for their decisions despite the whole "separation of church and state" thing.

- Republicans SEEM to hate higher education.

- Republicans SEEM to hate contraception in all forms, despite the threat of overpopulation, disease, family planning etc.

- Republicans SEEM to be racist. They are making it harder for black people to vote, deny illegal immigrants to naturalization services, and seem to hate President Obama. It seems that no matter what Obama wants to do, they will oppose it.

The last point really has been curious. John Bohner and the rest seemed to want to block every single thing that Obama wanted.

I say the word SEEMS because something does not make sense to me. From my (A Canadian's perspective), how can a political party in the US of A seem to be so... evil? Republican nominees like Santorum spew hate. Romney and Gingrich seem to throw up lies. Is what I am seeing, hearing and reading, real?

I watch alot of MSNBC, but to get some perspective I also watch Fox News and even listen to Rush Limbaugh. It is easy to find the lies that Rush Fox News pours out of their channel, and I totally understand that Fox may not even be real news, and is owned by Murdoch, and I get the fact that the Koch Brothers have interests, etc.

But is it all this clear? Is everything that easy to polarize? From my point of view, the democrats look like the good guys, and the republicans look like the evil doers.

Is this really true?

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote