View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 03:11 AM  
WTFBucks
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xato View Post
I dont believe in luck when you look at it as "fate" or "karma".
I believe in luck when you look at it like this (simplyfied):
For every event with two possible outcomes the total probability is 100%.
So if one outcome has the given probability of 30% (lets say a bad one) and the other one has 70% (lets say a good one) it means that your chance is 3/10 of hitting the one or 7/10 of hitting the other.

Now if you are in the 3/10 group it doesnt mean that fate or karma treated you badly and punish you for whatever reason.
It just means that you were unlucky, because eventually 30 of the 100 people have to be unlucky by the rules of the given probability of 30/70.

Of course people who are in the 30% group will find reasons to blame being unlucky on god, fate, karma whatever. But thats just human to try to reason everything. In reality many things are just a matter of probability. A certain chance to a possible outcome. Nothing more than that. And some events with a very low chance of 1 to 1 million would have 311 "losers" or "winners" (depending on the event) in the USA. Now you would guess that with such a low chance, those 311 people would find tons of reasons why it hit them. In fact its - again - just probability.
Not fate, not god, not karma.

Thats what "Luck" is for me.
I kind of agree but it sucks when some people constantly end up losing in that 30 % "unlucky" group. And others continuosly "win". Of course it's not karma or fate etc. And you can always fight your way to the "lucky" group. But we still can call it being lucky and not lucky

$30 Pay Per SignUp 50% RevShare 5% Referral - SIGN UP

626 - 647 - 296
WTFBucks is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote