View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 03:33 PM  
atom
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextri View Post
Hi stocktrader..

I've discussed this a bit with my partners.

The main reason why I think your stats might show more hits than we track and charge you for, is because of fake traffic like hitbots, crawlers, proxy traffic, google translate and other cheating types traffic. We detect bad traffic, and don't charge for it, but the traffic passes through. We don't block the traffic, but let it pass through. Not all proxy traffic is necessarily unwanted traffic. That could be the reason why you AWstats show 917 visits after only ~650 hits sent.

Why your chaturbate stats are so high, i don't know. I don't know how they are doing their tracking. if it's purely cookie based, the that could be the reason. bots, crawlers etc, rarely stores cookies.

As for your campaign conversion results, there are a few factors to consider.
I looked at your campaign, and even though your plug thumbnail looks good, it doesn't really give the user the impression that he will see live cams like what chaturbate offers. You should consider using thumbs that better shows what the user will get.
Another thing is that your plug thumbnail only has around 1:3300 ctr. which is very low compared to the average in the system. You should create more plugs, with better thumbnails, and do some tests to see which thumbs perform best for your campaign. Aim for at least 1:1000 or better. That will give your campaign a higher priority and faster clicks. I recommend at least 5 plugs for a campaign. You can get cheaper clicks with a campaign that has high ctr. You can lower your click bid, but still get prioritized before campaigns with higher bid, but lower ctr.
While I understand you wanting to give him tips about streamlining his landing pages. I think his point is, he currently converts these pages with other not so great traffic he has.

His main gripe besides the stats not matching up is, he can not get a person to signup with no CC, email etc. Which is one of the easiest ways to get members to join imo.