View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:20 AM  
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjo View Post

wow, is this the one that killed off the dinosoars, no that was in the Yucatan Peninsula. But a metor hitting that big would be disasterous.

But I take it they just call it metor city but a meteorite never hit there or did it. maybe waaaay back sometime and the meteor pulverized.
It was a real meteor all right. Between meteors and volcanoes there were plenty of things to contribute to the demise of the dinosaur.

One of the things I enjoy the most about my travels is the geology I run across. I may have to go back to school because I know it would enhance my travels if I was able to readily look at the side of some cliff and know what era was being exposed.

I have definitely learned more about volcanoes and how they helped shape this country. That City of Rocks pic was an example of volcanic rock. It is truly amazing when you see how flat it is around there, then all of a sudden you have this cluster of big ass rocks.

As far as old west towns:

Frontier Village, Jamestown, ND

Cody, WY

Calico, CA

Hannibal, MO

baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote