View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:20 AM  
Biggy2
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
That is true but while some people aren't owed, I think alot of untrusting affiliates who have been screwed one too many times effects alot of people, especially other solo girl program owners. For example, if I moved my program over to my own merchant account like I one day plan on doing, the first thing people will be doing is questioning it because of moves pulled by people like Shane & Melissa. So I really think it hurts alot of us.
I think these affiliates are more bark than their bite to be honest. And the more they are barking, the worst their business is getting. The successful guys are quiet and working. Affiliate model is changing, most are left behind, some are ahead of the curve and doing really well. They need to wake up, look in the mirror, and really assess what their future is and if they want to be successful, and map out a plan to get there. This is a game of knowledge, intelligence, and execution.

From an affiliate's perspective:

1. Avoid all risk, bind and limit yourself to one company, and run a non-optimized limited set up, while you compete with the people who keep all options open.

2. Take on risk, open your horizons on promotional products, don't limit yourself at all, and probably take on more $ and more losses, while being more diversified. Show me a very successful company, and then tell me they don't have problems they have to manage around (non-payments, lawsuits, etc).

Anyone who agrees with #1 is flawed. If you sign up to be wholly risk-averse, then you are limiting yourself in big big ways. Maybe they have been burned and its an emotional argument, but they surely are not helping themselves #win into the future. They can argue until they are blue in the face but they are on their way out. This is definitely a business for the lions. It's about taking a punch in the gut and moving forward. Look at what I have to deal with at this thread alone. You see me running away or hiding or not taking my shots?

Last edited by Biggy2; 10-16-2011 at 09:31 AM..
Biggy2 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote