View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 05:11 PM  
signupdamnit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy2 View Post
Yeah, that would've been an awesome message.

"Hey guys,

We stopped paying you, but send us more traffic and we'll try to catch up at some point, even with all the problems we have. Our conversion ratios are fucking awesome, there's hasnt been a content shoot in 2-3 years, and melissa is going on 30. We know how patient and understanding affiliates are when it comes to non-payment, so please push us more. Thanks."

I've said it multiple times. YOU SIR, ARE AN IDIOT. This was handled correctly. When it became clear there was no money going out, I made sure to put notices everywhere.
...and you're just a hostile little shit.

I've seen people do it before. It's called kindness and respecting business partners. I've knowingly kept sending clicks to sponsors who had payment problems because I respected them and trusted them. They actually came through and paid me. But I knew they would. It would be a lot better than ripping off your affiliates anyway.

I'm not shitting you at all when I tell you that I have seen local business owners charged with fraud for doing stuff like this. One had a dance studio and accepted advance yearly subscriptions the very day before they decided to close and flee the state in the middle of the night. The police decided to pursue it. The question is how long did they know they were shutting down? It can very well lead to jailtime. Want to see them in jail?

Last edited by signupdamnit; 10-15-2011 at 05:14 PM..
signupdamnit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote