View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 05:39 PM  
DeanCapture
Haters & Trolls SUCK!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Saying I should of done this or should of done that, is like telling Dean or or Brian or Jim they should of shot for magazines. I ask them why they didn't. Rarely directly.
Magazines were the shit back in your day Paul. But when I got into the biz, they were declining quite a bit. I worked for Hicks back in 2001 and we'd have production meetings every Monday. Hicks shot for quite a few magazines and we were constantly discussing how the magazines were losing readership to the net, how the budgets were dwindling and how long it was taking to get paid. When I finally felt comfortable enough with my skills to go out on my own, magazines were the last people on earth that I wanted to work for. And so, I never pursued magazines.

I have shot for a few magazines over the years (that reached out to me) but had issues of some kind or another with them all. Mostly chasing my money but with Penthouse, trying to get photo credit for my published work. I have one magazine that I shoot for now who has treated us better than any magazine we've ever worked with. They pay us a nice fee for our work, give us photo credit and we get paid within 2 weeks of them getting our invoice. If more magazines were like this, we'd be happy to shoot for them. Unfortunately, they're not....
DeanCapture is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote