View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 04:46 AM  
OneWhoKnows
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
:mad Hotmovies/Moviedollars - what do you do against content theft?

Ok, this is really starting to piss me off. This "Studio" page is FULL of stolen content. Actually it looks like 100% of it is not licensed, but stolen from paysites of various Russian affiliate programs.

http://www.hotmovies.com/studio/1167/N-Studio/

Thing is, I reported this "Studio" to Hotmovies before, about 2 years ago maybe. I was told that they won't do anything before the original content owner sends a DMCA notice. So I notified all content owners I could identify and most content from this studio was gone.

So, as this has obviously always been a scam artist, why do you at Hotmovies STILL work with this guy, now he's back with new ripped content? Again I notified all affected affiliate programs I could identify that their stolen content is there, so be prepared to get a shitload of DMCA notices very soon. Also, why do the individual Custodian of Records links for this studio's vids show this:

Quote:
2257 Compliance - Mature Men & Young Girls 18

National A-1 Internet, Inc. & HotMovies.com does not produce any content and makes no representation about any content. All video products offered on this site have been licensed from their respective studios or producers (the "Licensor").

National Internet Service is not in possession of any original 2257 disclaimers for any of the models; however, all of the Licensors that provide content licensed to National Internet Service represent that all models appearing in their productions are over 18 and that the Licensor maintains all appropriate 2257 disclaimers or the equivalent.

The custodian of records information for this video should be available soon.
Source: http://www.hotmovies.com/video/16644...oung-Girls-18/ (content stolen from Royal Cash)

This means you not only have no proof that the content is licensed or any age verification documents, you don't even have a name/address of a custodian of records. And still you allow this guy to sell his stolen stuff through your system?

This really sucks as I promote a lot of the affected sponsors and also have a lot of this content on my TGP's and tubes. And on my Hotmovies Whitelabel site. I'd really like to avoid promoting stolen content of my business partners without even knowing so, which might be understandable.
OneWhoKnows is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote