View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 11:03 AM  
goodgirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Questions to ICM Registry on .XXX Announcements at Ynot

1. At the Pros and Cons of .XXX at Ynot it was announced that ICM Registry would be providing McAfee Secure to all domain buyers. My question is, will this be a requirement? I have to ask because as a web host I have many different levels of users, from sole proprietors to larger companies. Some of our clients do use McAfee Secure and have found it will suggest a domain is unsecure if PHP or other server software is not up to date with the latest releases. I know many business owners do not jump right into new updates because they must see how it affects their custom scripts or what changes they must make to their scripts before the update can be successful. What will happen to their .xxx domains? Will there be a time table from McAfee or ICM Registry that will require compliance of being secure for the .XXX owners?

2. It was announced that ICM Registry would be providing search.xxx to help .XXX domain owners get traffic. That sounds wonderful but it does raise another question for me. Will at any time ICM Registry be able to block other search engines from being able to spider .XXX. I know this can be done at the domain and server level, but I have never owned a TLD so I do not know if this is possible, so this is an ?if? question. If you can, will you? If you can in the future, will you?

Happy Independence Day to everyone.