View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 01:29 PM  
SallyRand
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottopottomouse View Post
But you live and work there. How does this relate to someone from another state doing it?
Good question; well put, concise and nicely asked!

And the aswer is this:

The KANSAS CORPORATION is the business entity registered with Amazon, not the individual WORKING for the coporation. Kansas is NOT a banned state and the corporation "resides" in KANSAS, so Amazon will approve the affiliate signup. It is quite legal for a person in one state to own a corporation in another state.

The affiliate should use a Vumber Number with the appropriate area code for the affiliate signup in cases of corporations I set up, which area codes I will provide to those who purchase my service. Costs a couple of bucks a month and that number is then forwarded to the affiliates home or business number. Amazon can't tell a Vumber Number from an actual hardline number, so no sweat there.

Have the money sent to an online bank located in a state which is NOT banned by Amazon, as there have been some things come up in the last few days indicating that Amazon might not send money to banned states, so rather than risk it, just get a different account in a state which is not banned. Very easy and free to do in most cases.

Need an out-of-banned-state address? I can help you get one and very easy to do but remember, the address of the corporation is ALREADY out-of-banned-state and I will forward mail on request. If mail forwarding gets crazy expensive and I'll hit you up for a few bucks for postage but otherwise free.

Use your own webmail from your own website to use as the signup address as Amazon does not really like free email addresses and you are good to go.

Remember, the business entity which has become an Amazon affiliate is located in KANSAS and it then makes no difference where employees of that corporation live or work, not that I'd make a big deal of it with Amazon but they know it. They really don't want to lose affilaites, they only want to bring the various states in line with the 1992 Supreme Court decision which ruled the whole tax thing unconstitutional. The various states are trying an end run around it but will eventually fail.

The KEY:

The "residence" of the affiliate, which in this case is a KANSAS CORPORATION is in KANSAS, which is NOT a banned state.
SallyRand is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote