View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 PM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantchixx View Post
Oh I understood what the paypal was about, just it being associated to adult in any way is risky. And I will say this. Not using fake profiles is something I have a huge amount of respect for this project about. A lot less of a slap in the face for the end users. I won't name any names but there's a lot I have used in the past and they ALL, every single one of them (even the big mainstream free one), have fake profiles to entice upgrades, to entice users to upload content and to stir the pot to create "activity" on the sites. It's a terrible model to run by just to grow quicker. Customers clue into this behavior and chargeback once they do upgrade to meet these "Fakes" or just plain up and leave the site before even buying anything offered inside. Your site being free and void of trickery will surely stop that kind of behavior and lend a hand in making your site legit to the end users mind.
I could not agree more, in fact this is one of the reasons why this project was conceived. If we find fake profiles, spam profiles, fraudulent profiles on the site they will be suspended and then auto delete themselves shortly thereafter, the email address will not be able to be used to create another profile on the site again.

I guess a few people will be scratching their heads about our model, I have already had questions like "Is it really free ?" or "How can it be free ?". The simple answer is yes it's free for users, it's free because we have a strategy in place that will allow it to make money without the need to milk users recklessly. We can keep going for up to 2 years before turning a profit if need be - this could even possibly be extended, we're going to keep building the site, adding more features and trying our very best to provide a safe, legitimate and fun adult social network.

Quote:
I don't have a whole lot of dating traffic but I am building new projects daily to pump into the "community" world of dating traffic and I will link up to you anywhere that's organic and appropriate.
We have something coming in July that will provide incentive to promote the site even if you can only refer a few users. I can't comment more on that until agreements are in place but it's going to be good.

Quote:
One question though, does the referral link allow the person signing up under it to see and be friends with my profile? That would be a great feature to have if not.
That will be an option in the future, we're still ironing out the different little features in the system, however we intend having a profile option that allows people who sign up under your affiliate code to be directed straight to your profile. I would expect to see that implemented within a month. We will also have an option for our adult site reps to have their signup code redirect to their own profile however with an added large banner at the top and bottom of their profile promoting their own sites.

It's early days for us with Meet Profiles, we have alot planned but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thanks for the feedback, again it's appreciated.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote