View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 PM  
iwantchixx
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
Paypal is a payout option for rewards, not to provide access to the site. There is a difference. We will be pushing Paxum heavily anyway and will try to get our power users to obtain Paxum accounts with associated Mastercards as we plan to have some pretty extensive competitions involving cash and prizes once the membership builds.

To be expected, since the site has been up since midnight Sunday, we won't create fake profiles to give the impression of size, we are happy for it to grow naturally. This is a long term project, it will take time to build. Over the next few weeks we will be introducing some features to keep retention up. As this is a free site that will always remain free, making fake members actually defeats our business model.

Have a play, I would expect it to take some time to reach critical mass however, but that is fine, being free we have all the time in the world.

Thanks for the feedback. It's most appreciated. We have a dedicated team working on this and want to hear from users so that we can respond and improve the site to suit them.
Oh I understood what the paypal was about, just it being associated to adult in any way is risky. And I will say this. Not using fake profiles is something I have a huge amount of respect for this project about. A lot less of a slap in the face for the end users. I won't name any names but there's a lot I have used in the past and they ALL, every single one of them (even the big mainstream free one), have fake profiles to entice upgrades, to entice users to upload content and to stir the pot to create "activity" on the sites. It's a terrible model to run by just to grow quicker. Customers clue into this behavior and chargeback once they do upgrade to meet these "Fakes" or just plain up and leave the site before even buying anything offered inside. Your site being free and void of trickery will surely stop that kind of behavior and lend a hand in making your site legit to the end users mind.

I don't have a whole lot of dating traffic but I am building new projects daily to pump into the "community" world of dating traffic and I will link up to you anywhere that's organic and appropriate.

One question though, does the referral link allow the person signing up under it to see and be friends with my profile? That would be a great feature to have if not.
iwantchixx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote