View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 PM  
Plugrush
Moving Traffic Forward

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adraco View Post
You guys got unlucky that you crashed around the same time as Epassporte and when things got real dark for the regular guy. Things just shut down, I believe it was your hosting company and all payouts stopped and communication vanished completely.

In all fairness, I have always been well treated, and use you on two of my sites today. But regardless of new management, you, as a brand, a company, messed up completely. For many, trust is completely gone. Information on when you guys were rebuilding was very sporadic, and scattered with many, many uncertainties.

I think it will take time to regain what you had. In your shoes, I would have invited to an "ask all" seminar or thread here on GFY, where people could freely ask any and all questions, like how do you backup today, can a new server break down happen, how and where is the money in the system kept and who is to guarantee that I can get it out? What log files over earnings/spendings do you keep in case everything would go belly up again?

Also, doing shady things like just deciding to test mobile redirects on a number of users, without their knowledge and then pay for it aftewards, nahh, you just don't do that if you want to be taken seriusly.

Coming back you need people to trust you again, trust you to have your code on their site. Even i you paid for the mobile redirects afterwards maybe I didn't want that to start with? Also, to just enabling it on the existing Plugrush banners out there by default seems questionable to me. Many people already have some kind of mobile solution so it should not be forced upon you. If I want it, it's nice to have the option to use you, it should not be forced upon you by default.

Give people a free will, trust your users, instead of forcing aything upon anyone. That reflects an attitude towads your customers which at least doesn't rub me in the right direction.

Nevertheless, as I said in the beginning, I am using you now and have no plans on stop doing so. I am however unsure of whether or not to add you on more sites until some time has gone and there is more "proof" and security.
I wasn't a part of PlugRush when things hit the shitter, nor was I after, or you would have had every answer I could have given. I am here now, answering any and all questions, and trying my hardest to get this thing back up and running.

As far as the mobile traffic being tested, I agree 100%. Believe me, everyone involved was thoroughly bitched out.

And about mobile traffic being redirected now as a default, it shouldn't over-write where you are currently sending your mobile traffic. We also e-mailed everyone in the system that this would be taking place on a certain date. We also posted it on their dashboard so it is the first thing when they log in. I also wrote exactly how to disable selling mobile, pop, and plug traffic.

When you create a widget now, there is the Traffic Selling option right there. It is set to default because more than not, users sell traffic, and love it. So you get to trade traffic with similar sites, almost exactly same GEO, and make money while doing it.

Backups are now stored in THREE different places. Two of which are EXTREMELY secure. In case something happens like it did last time, who do you think would be the best prepared? Of course, someone who has been through this before, learning the hard way, so that they know exactly how to bounce back from it faster and better than anyone.

My goal is to earn your trust back, along with everyone else. Give me 3-6 months and I will prove it to you.

Self-Serve Traffic Network
Adult & Mainstream Traffic
Open for everybody that wants to sell or buy traffic +
RTB/DSP/XML
Plugrush is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote