View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 12:19 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
I'm positive you shot a great scene.
I'm very confident I shot something more appealing than the norm solo girl scene. I tried to give the scene and the model more depth than most, maybe because I was shooting like I used to 2 scenes a day.

Sandra Sanchez was a delight and obviously as Reggie will confirm pleased to see me and my recovery. She nailed her part accept at the end where I wanted to shoot a close to the scene and Sandra was to shagged out to do much.

I wanted to convey her personality, sexuality and pleasure in doing the scene and we got that nailed.

The framing on the video, I think, was a lot better than most scenes. Tried not to shoot the room and concentrate on the girl, also put a different slant on the close ups and made them more than genitalia. As much as we all love pussy, they tent to lack personality and character.

The over head mike gave out on me when we tested it and home and stupid as I am, I left the headphones at home with the mike after testing it. Still think the sound is fine and the editor should be able to tweak the volume to an acceptable level. Thought the sound was peaking as I was moving in and out. A complaint I made of others, now I'm guilty of it.

The biggest mistake was not getting a monitor. Total stupidity and I can only put it down to being out of the game for so long. Still it looked fine on the camera screen.

So the mistakes are down to things that shouldn't hinder a regular shooter. Just stupid newbie failings. No back up mike, we used to have 2. Not taking a monitor!!!!

Could I do better? Yes I never was satisfied with my work and was my harshest critic.

Will I ever get the opportunity? Doubt it. The industry has moved on and I'm not coming back to shooting for $500 a scene.

Still glad I did it and nailed what I did. Not bad after the lay off.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote