View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 AM  
justinsain
Confirmed User

The mention of equipment got me to thinking about using film.

Before digital I shot almost everything using Kodachrome 64 and I remember when Fuji came out with Velvia 50. Photographers seemed to really like the new Velvia but the few magazines ( non adult ) that I worked with still insisted on Kodachrome.

I was wondering what you used back in the day and if it was always your choice or whether the magazines had some sort of requirement that you had to adhere to.

It would also be intersting to hear how much film you used for one shoot. Did you set a limit on how much film you would use to stay within a budget or just shoot until you got the desired results?

I was at a car show last weekend and got to talking to someone about film vs digital and I told them that back in the day I would come to an event like this with two rolls of 36 exposures and have to make each one a keeper. Now that it's digital I took over 1200 that day and got 350 keepers at no extra cost.
justinsain is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote