View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:43 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I will have to sadly agree to Robbie! <G>
Maybe Robbie is a one off, maybe a 10 off.

All I know is what I saw and see.

I met tons of people who couldn't afford to pay for a decent shooter, tons of people who wanted something good for their sites and simply couldn't afford it.

Think back to the level of some of the shooters shooting custom in 200 to more recently.

None could get into better paying markets, because they weren't good enough. Not even to do it as part of their business. Say 1 shoot a week for mags or videos and the rest for custom.

Then there was the prices paid. Even today Fabian says he pays $2,000 for 3 solo girl scenes. And that appears to be top dollar. It's not enough to get the Viv Thomas's, Jack Harrison, Scott Ward's, Steve Hicks or even the guy who used to shoot for Perfect Gonzo to shoot for Internet custom.

I've looked inside many sites and never seen a stills shooter who could of sold to magazines. Which prompted me to write this thread.

https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-business-discussion/990959-posing-framing-producing-content-converts-retains.html

There were some very very basic mistakes being made. Mistakes that would never be made by a pro.

And even with sites that say they have tons of money and spend big on content. There are very very basic mistakes being made.

I know the story is that good content isn't so important. But when YOU buy a repeat product you do so on the satisfaction you got from the last purchase. You don't ignore the dis satisfaction. In fact that has far more effect on your decision making than satisfaction. Satisfaction is expected. And rightly so.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote