View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 05:56 PM  
lexeigh

Industry Role:
Hey Jason...

I really hope I don't come off too generic sounding, but I probably can't avoid it... :-)

I've been operating a solo girl site for about 7 months, and I literally had no idea what to expect at the official launch. Dont get me wrong... I had done a ton of research and prep work... But I wasn't at all sure about what to expect...

I asked for advice and feedback on several forums... And received some responses...

In hind site, some of it was spot on, and other stuff was way off... Which is to be expected... But I clearly remember someone telling me my site would never convert because of it being photos only.... Man I was really concerned I about that... Turns out it did convert... Even better than I had expected...

I think the best advice I can give is to study the sites that you want yours to be like... And as a starting point Do what they are doing... Look at their traffic sources (from places like Alexa (dot) com)... Once you start getting data, then you'll know what's working...

Good luck....

JD - webmaster (at) lexeigh (dot) com