View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiopa_Matt View Post
Because nobody believes tripling their production budget for the same amount of sets is going to increase their sales by 300%+
I see economics and business management aren't your strong point. Tripling their content budget from 5% to 15% doesn't have to increase their sales by 300% to make it worthwhile.

Go do some calculations on what it would cost to make better content and what extra retention, conversions and traffic would be needed to cover the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsain View Post
One would think a better product would sell better than one of lesser quality.

However, it's about business so the question is would spending the extra money for better content result in enough sales to offset the added operating costs and still continue with a desired profit margin.

What you need to understand is very few if any of the people here think the reason their sales have declined is because their content sucks.

( What he wrote above me sounds good too )
I think the last part is the closest to the truth. People have for years believed the only way or the best way to increase sales was to throw more traffic at a site. Often at the expense of the site itself.

After 15 years where has that got us?

1,000s of sites with the same or similar poor to average content. Very little to make a member stay another month or in some cases make a surfer become a member. They're all competing with each other for the same rare customers. Who can find similar for free everywhere.

And competing in the traffic states is pretty easy, just a matter of copying what the next person is doing. When the Gallery came on the scene in a short while everyone had galleries, same with TGPs, FHG, blogs and Tubes. There is little skill in doing any of that. Or there are a lot of very skilled people all doing the same. Which negates the effort.

So why didn't people who could afford $1,000 a solo girl scene pay it?

Kiopa_Matt is clueless if he thinks it would of cost a website any extra to employ me and Eva exclusively than paying $300 for a scene from a custom shooter. He obviously is another "inside the box" thinker.

Let's say 10 years ago someone like ATK had employed a shooter like me and Eva and got them to shoot exclusive for them. That would of cost them NOTHING and added NOTHING to their content budget, if they had a clue. But they didn't do it so you have to wonder why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrixxx View Post
those days are long gone never to return again
For the vast majority here they never existed. They are Ma & Pa operations and I would imagine $1,000 a day is well beyond their dreams. I've met them at shows and they never came across as people making $1m a year. More like $100k a year. LOL

Last edited by Paul Markham; 03-21-2011 at 05:37 AM..
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote