View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 03:16 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Again I am misunderstood here...Let me set that straight.

It was almost like WATCHING a sale happen every couple of seconds. But I didn't mean it was every couple of seconds 24 hours a day. Sorry for saying it like that.

What I meant was there were times in the office when we would have something hot going on (Like when the Ed Powers website first hit) where we were watching the numbers move every couple of seconds. That was in the middle of the day and "no" they didn't sell every second for 24 hours straight.

But I was personally making a bit over $3,000 a day as an affiliate. So I think that comes up to $2.08 every minute 24 hours a day.

No matter how you slice it...that was KILLER money.

Not the kind of money that companies like Naughty America and Nasty Dollars and Max Cash and ARS were making as companies...but damn good for one guy putting it in his bank account.

Sorry if I didn't make that completely clear. My fault. It was just a very heady thing and made us joke that we made money everytime we blinked and I was in the middle of typing and didn't think it necessary to fully explain the whole boring story. My bad.
OK I read it as you wrote it and now you've corrected it.

But it brings us back to my last question. Why were sponsors filling sites with content shot by people who couldn't operate in a better paying market? You as an affiliates were making $3,000 a day. I assume that was every day. So over $1m a year. And as an affiliate I would assume a large % of that was profit. And that the people you mentioned were making far far more. So why didn't they raise their game to a level where every Tom, Dick or Harry with a camera could compete with them?

Some did and made huge bank with it, but a vast number didn't and now compete with every other site out there and never had the extra income from the other sectors of the industry.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote