View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:30 PM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by plsureking View Post
ya the only thing i've ever knocked him for is negativity. this industry needs fresh blood and he is the first to tell them that the industry is dead. i've made money off his content - half a decade ago. i'm just not sure why he isn't positive on the industry and seeing the rebound that his sales are obviously indicating.

hey did u shoot that avatar pic? looks like bkk.
So are you saying the old blood can't hack it? Then we agree on something. Most of the old blood are stuck in a rut and don't want to change.

But what would new blood bring to the table? New ideas are great, but they need skills to execute them. And a ton of money. You still think it's 1999 when someone could start up a site on a shoestring and keep going until he gets over the initial stages.

No the game has changed and unless someone comes in with a lot of skill. experience and money the idea of them making any changes is far fetched. More likely they will learn from those who haven't changed much in 10 years and carry on doing the same.

However maybe they will buy your CMS.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote