View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 04:33 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Paul,

I would appreciate if you would at some point at least start showing some respect. At some point, I will stop being nice and friendly to you too...
You took up this challenge to see me fail, you tried to trick me into shooting 3 scenes, you sent me the contract and no indication of a draft.

Quote:
I honestly do not care if you think my whole team are a bunch of idiots and know nothing at all.. My team makes me more money in a day, than you make in a year.
And by having better guys, they would make you more.

Quote:
That being said, there is a purpose of having "bad" looking videos on the mofos sites.. they have to have mistakes to look more real. They are supposed to look a bit more home-made... The stills, I agree, are not good. The reason though is simple, as I said in the past, its not a focus, at all, to make them good. Its not the point. They are made primarily for ad production and are good enough for that. We just load them all on the site since more is better on a website, compared to a magazine where each pic needs to be perfect.
So a website can get away with bad content. I wonder if members agree with you. Don't tell me what you do now, it's about what you could be doing. You and so many other sites. Some seem to think once the member has signed up the hard work is over. We know where the main cost goes. In truth to retain members and get them to return, to earn even more money, the job is now to be done inside the site.

I will review more scenes later. There is nothing "Home Made" about those 2 scenes.

Yes magazines demanded a far higher standard.

Quote:
I have said time and time again that we will pay you 3000 USD for the scene. And I have said again that we will pre-pay. This is the first contract draft, give me your comments and I'll look into it.
Not what the contract sent said.

Quote:
I might take you up on yout tutoring idea.. who knows... Mofos is amateur btw, its NOT brazzers, which is shot completely different.

Mofos is shot with hand held HD cams, Brazzers uses more professional equipment and lighting.
Mofos isn't amateur. Having good lighting and cameras doesn't make a professional film.

Quote:
Again, as I said, if we your changes to Mofos videos increase retention even more, I'm the last one to complain. But that is still to be proven... Mofos performance already is very very good.
It can't be improved by someone coming in and shaking up the team?

Was the editing meant to be amateur as well?

I don't see you showing me any respect. And my respect is earned not bought. I have said Manwin's content looks better than many, if not most online. but that's my point. It's not just Manwin's site putting out low quality content shot on high quality cameras. It's the general trend. For the reasons I stated at the beginning of this thread.

Ultimately it's not what anyone here thinks of content. It's what the end buyer thinks. The members. Saying it's good enough isn't good enough for them.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote