View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Paul that was an excellent review.

And I have to say...that everything you are saying are things I've been thinking about for my own work. I've done a lot just off of creativity, Claudia-Marie's "it" factor, and some really good gear.

But reality is, I'm a one man work force during a shoot. And I tend to let the technical aspect suffer some during a shoot.

I think I'm real good at framing up a shot and getting exactly what her fans want to see. But a lot of times when filming video I get caught up in the moment of the action and do stupid little shit like accidentally getting light stands in the video. lol

I do use a compressor/limiter in editing to get rid of the volume changes that you described in your review of Brazzers shit.

But I have been thinking about the overhead boom mic for a while now. I already use an overhead third light bank anyway on a giant boom, and I think I'm gonna simply attach a mic coming down from that. As you said...it kinda sucks to have hand movement sounds on the camera.

I'm not sure if any of it is going to make a great deal of difference in actual sales. But I do know that it's gonna make a difference in my own professional pride in what I do.

As I said earlier...I don't agree with your assessment of the adult industry. But I do enjoy reading what you're saying about actual shooting.

And why you even bother with Fabian is beyond me. Take "his" money if you want. I wouldn't give him the time of day.