View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:30 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altwebdesign View Post
im outta the loop here. . .
Nathan are all the scenes shot as 2 scenes in 1 and do you pay $700 per each scene or $700 for the 2?
I've had a good look at the site and it seems every "scene" is 2 scenes. Not sure if they got paid twice or paid once for both scenes. Nathan might know.

What I want to know is why did he want me to shoot 3 scenes as 1 and told us that was how they worked.

The sets haven't got any better.

This set, which is 2 sets, of 468 frames has again got the shooter repeating the same pose over and over again. The worse thing is one of the lights must of blown or he screwed up with the exposure. Because the light changes dramatically and gets worse.

He then corrects it and keeps going. A good shooter would of gone back to where it went wrong and picked it up from there. A shooter who knows his client will demand the best has to. A shooter who knows his client will take crap won't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt
Paul why do you keep beating the dead horse of the magazine business? It's dead, even if a photog can shoot magazine caliber sets the magazines that still buy are paying 800 dollars a set when they used to pay $1500-2000 and it takes them a year to pay. The only magazine company still paying decent money is Flynt and they don't need new photographers.
Mutt the answer is so obvious. BECAUSE IT TAUGHT US STANDARDS. It taught us how to work. Clearly those standards aren't being met by the shooters I'm seeing on Mofos. These guys wouldn't even hold onto customers in a content store.

Even $800 a set is better than $500 for a set and a video. Is that exclusive or non exclusive?
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote