View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:42 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Just Dave came up with a very good point. That I thought about.

If a bad model doesn't perform for any reason he says a good shooter carries on and puts it right in the editing. After thinking about it I disagree, so nothing new there.

A good shooter who has the option tells her/him to get their act together, if he/she doesn't he tells her/him to go home. For these reasons. From now it's her but could be him.

He doesn't want to establish the reputation of being someone who uses girls who will do any less than their best, to get his product as good as possible. He doesn't want her thinking he will accept this level in case she comes back again.

A poor performance can't be edited out.

Also does he want the next shooter to have a girl who thinks less than her best is acceptable? He might be the next shooter taking a girl from a shooter or shooters who did accept this and now he has all the problems.

Does he want to put his name next to a product that's less than the best? Risk getting a bad rep with customers or even losing customers.

EVERY time a shooter accepts a poor performance the bench mark drops. Today some of the girls performances would get them sent home. So why is this?

Maybe customers who will put a less than tip top product in their site, maybe he's been paid, told to shoot the girl, been given the script and has no option.

I do know that as time went by being here girls were turning up with bad habits and bad attitude, just no real enthusiasm. We told them what we wanted and the reply was "No one else complains" to which I replied "We're not no one else." Even when we told them to go home some turned around and told us we couldn't say that because we had to shoot them. They learned differently.

Maybe others did have to shoot them. We couldn't afford to.

Why do so many surfers prefer Amateur? Might be they are sick of girls faking a bad performance.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote