View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:25 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Paul, we do not shoot with people that shoot for Evil Angel, Wicked and so on because those people shoot for DVD. Its a different market! If we shot for DVD and then released online, totally different....

Anyway, we will not force a girl on you. You can pick your own that fits the scene we want. We will also not make a over-complicated scene. I want to see you shoot so much better than our other shooters...
Then let's have some names. Easy to say harder to name. I may know them and can have a chat with them. I did email you about knowing a lot of people who are at the top and would work for decent money, you ignored me. People who work or have worked for Private, Bluebird, Silwa, Magma, Scala and more.

If you are employing top shooters, you're one of the very few and even though I don't like your business practice. Disagree with your content practice of 3 sets of average quality instead of 2 that would set a new bench mark, I realise Manwin is a big company. Just don't know enough except for the BS I see here. Never seen a list of Manwin's sites or proof Manwin is as big as you say. Even the 300 people in the office listed seemed a bit doubtful based on my knowledge of what space it takes for 300 people.

But we know we can all take you at your word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
To make this very clear... Paul, if you think you can not do it, tell me know. I will not like it paying you and then you dropping out...
If you pay me I will do it. Whether I'm physically able to do it is for both of us to see. Whether I can match what's in the site in shooting ability is yet to be seen as you won't give me a login to see what is your bench mark. You know I will download it as a comparison.

As I said if anyone pays me $3,000 for a set I will come back to shooting. I wish more would, I won't be invalid for ever I hope. And it would give a lot of colleagues a boost in their incomes. Sadly I expect the industry to carry on spending the lions share of money on what's outside the site and too little on the product.

So far no one has even commented on the golfing scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altwebdesign View Post
come on paul you can do it!
Now is your chance to prove it or shush forever, if you're physically incapable of executing the theory you mentioned due to your illness, then to an extent thats understandable, but cmon!! Show them what you can or cant do!
As far as the stills are concerned I'm pretty confident. As far as the video is concerned it's unknown territory. I will have to load the car with equipment, set it up, shoot the stills, take a nap about then and finish with the video. But Fabian threw this at me knowing I'm not fully fit so it's a gamble for both of us.

If Fabian had any business sense he would employ me or someone like me to shake up his content guys. Take them and teach them the real way to shoot, models, setting, clothing, scenario, intro to a scene (better than a girl wiggling around for 5 minutes boring everyone) angles, sequence and how to get a product that truly stands out and can compete at the highest level. He prefers to troll GFY.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote