View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:31 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Paul, so you will show us how much better you are than all the rest... since thats the whole point of having you shoot.. and you said, for 3k its worth it for you to shoot a scene for me... obviously I expect it shot the way you keep claiming is so much more superior than everyone else.
I just want to be proven that we actually have producers that are as bad as you keep saying they are... I want to see how you will blow us all away with the far superior content...
It will be very shaming for the guys working for $700 a scene if they are better than me.

And show up sponsors as the lousiest payers and exploiters of shooters.

Imagine how much the shooters lost, not working for a better paying market.

Did you think of the other side of the coin?

Too late now as the free Adult Internet has killed off their chances of making money in the magazine market.

Still a very small one left in DVD so here's how they can explore that market.

Find the up and coming DVD shows. Find a list of the exhibitors.

Make appointments to see them at the show and show your work. Selling yourself on the phone is essential.

Shoot content that you can sell. Enough for 3 DVDs, they really want to see commitment that you have the content and can shoot more.

Go to the show, see the people you made appointments with.

Show them your work and if it's good enough make a deal.

If it sells in the shops on the 2/3 edition you're in and you keep producing year after year.

Sell the rights country by country and in different mediums. DVD, Hotel, Cable, Mobile, Internet.

Imagine Fabian having someone running around selling a major chunk of your stills and videos a few years back $1/2 million profit on content that was paid for and made a profit via sites would of been some nice chump change. Not turnover PROFIT, except for the salesman. He could be on 20%.

That's the massive opportunity every one with blinkers on, missed. Me I missed nothing, see stores, magazines and paysites.

I don't expect you or anyone to like it as flaming Markham is a popular past time here. Will need a login to your site to see if I am better.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote