View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:58 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Over the years I've posted many threads on how shooters can improve their work. Yes I never, to my knowledge posted one of how they could sell to magazines. One because it was so easy if they couldn't figure it out they had a problem and two I didn't want them competing with us.

It was so easy to sell to magazines it was laughable. Here's the way.

Go to your nearest newsagents or newsstands and buy up all the adult magazines you find.

From Playboy

to

You need as many as possible to get to know the market. Study the magazines and find the ones that match your styles and ability.

Once you have that find the name of the publisher, editor and phone number. Many are put out by the same publishing houses.

Shoot some sets, film was best prior to 2005, some would take digital though.

Make a phone call, speak to the editor, introduce your self and tell him your track record. Make an appointment to go see him. Odds are if you can sell yourself on the phone you will get in.

Go and see him and show him your content. If it's good enough he will take it, if it's not he won't.

Once you're in it's a market that paid very very well and bought and bought. Once your name was against your work in a mag, getting in to see you editors was a push over. Often you could go office to office in the same publisher.

Downsides.

They paid on publication, if you couldn't afford to wait 6 months for payment you're going to struggle.

They liked film, if you couldn't get that right you were not going to sell.

The rejection rate of bad shooters was 99% unless they had a truly stunning girl. Even I shot a few bad sets and sold them because of the girl. Jana Cova for instance.

http://www.bargainbasementcontent.co...ils.php?id=416

http://www.bargainbasementcontent.co...ils.php?id=520

Was never happy with her the first time, yes Damian she looks scared. It was her first time. And she was nervous she was not good enough. A lot of girls are.

Bottom line is I made well over $6,000 that day.

Seriously guys it was that easy a few years ago when you were all chasing custom shoots for peanuts.

Last edited by Paul Markham; 02-27-2011 at 05:59 AM..
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote