View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:18 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Paul, I do not like you because you keep claiming you know how today's business works and you simply do not want to grasp that it changes...

The only thing I want from this thread is proof that you shot a scene for us, and I can take a look at the quality that YOU have claimed will be far superior than what we have currently...

I'm looking forward to seeing that..
But I do know how it works today. I'm just pissed off it went down the wrong route.

It treats customers like fools, over pays on traffic and under pays on content.

Treating customers like fools = Selling them to dating sites, penis pills, cross selling or sites with very little content on them.

Over paying for traffic = More reasons not to buy than buy. More affiliates than is required and the belief that the more you give away the more people buy. Today the industry is largely based on giving it away for free to 99.99% so 0.01% buy. (use your own figures, you get the picture) And it's getting worse. Falling ratios, is a term for something still happening.

Under paying for content = Too many sites competing for the same buyer. And dissatisfaction of the buyer making the free option better than paying. Even Tubes can only exist because too much is paid for a sale.

10% to the affiliate wouldn't of resulted in less sign ups. It would of resulted in less free content. Spending more on the inside of the site would of meant more money in sales and retention.

Maybe TODAY it's too late to change. It's to ingrained in it's ways. Just like me.

Last edited by Paul Markham; 02-27-2011 at 05:20 AM..
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote