View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:28 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDaveXxx View Post
I think that this guy is going to come up with some reason why he cant shoot this.

I will toss in $200 to hire a BTS camera guy. I want to see proof that Paul is the one actually shooting this scene.

Because i really think that Paul is going to sub out the work to some Russian dude to shoot this scene.

Lastly, I assume the girl needs to be approved and needs to speak english right? How will she be able to read the script?
Seriously why should I?

The question of whether I can shoot better or worse than you is unknown until you give me a pass into your paysite or a paysite you shot for. Want a pass into mine?
Even that is pointless because if it's a competition about who can shoot the best it a pissing contest and pointless. The only thing that matters is $$$$$$$$$

We could and did earn $3,000 a day in pure profits shooting. often more. The proof is in our content stores. You can't shoot that amount of content or quality or have the studio we had, based on Internet alone. Maybe a few sites have it, but no shooter does. In the magazine field I'm not unusual for having a large studio. For many it's the norm.

John Graham, Steve Colby, Jack Harrison, John Mason, Viv Thomas, Kevin Maklin, Bob Tanner, Steve Hicks, Suze Randall, us and more all had studios that were more like factories turning out sets for magazines. Many with assistant shooters.

Why? Because we could afford it.

Too my knowledge none of us turned to shooting custom for the prices paid quoted here.

Why? Because we couldn't afford to lose the money. Yes shooting custom lost us money.

We realised shooting girls like Christine was losing us money. Because the day she quit the sets we sold to ATK would of made us 10 times what we got from ATK.

You lost money by not shooting for the magazine market in 2007 which your profile says you joined this board. If you're not good enough, you have a very good excuse. If you didn't explore the market you're a very bad business man and I am not. I explored every possible market I could to sell content. Because it made great sense to keep ownership of our work and sell it over and over and over again.

We sold Christine's content via the content store for far more than $700 a scene.

And in business that's all that matters. $$$$$$$$$$$$ are King. Bro points on GFY don't pay the bills.

Give me a login to your content or keep talking.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote