View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
clarify - your shoots are solo masturbation videos plus pics and you say '3' is the total of scenes - in an earlier post you made it sound like each of these '3' scenes would have 3 different wardrobe changes and background changes. that does total 9 unique videos per girl.

why don't you just say you want 9 solo mast videos with different clothes and background in each?

3K is decent for that but 9 masturbation videos with the same girl is dumb.
We were talking 1 scene in the beginning. Someone clearly told him something else and he had to react.

However lets look at his simple budget.

We also price this rather simple:
Producer fees (photo & video): $800 Fine, if the price paid is $3,000, if not it totally sucks. It misses, assistant, travel, insurance and permit if required. Then there's the cost of buying equipment, listening to some here it's not amateur $2,000 cameras. Which probably will need updating soon as the technology improves. Plus lights a set for strobes and a set for video.

Then models clothing and dildos, toys etc, unless he expects the model to provide them. Plus refreshments or are we all supposed to pay for that ourselves, the models will be pleased.

How much is left out of the fee once they've all been paid for?

Talent: $600.00 (for solo) Very doable.

Location: $500.00 Doable in Prague, in LA I'm not so sure. Others will know.

Make-up & Hair: $100.00 Not even doable in Brno for anyone decent. Maybe an ex out of work model will turn up, can't bank on it.

So out of the $3,000 how much does the shooter actually put in his pocket?

Fabian's budget was $2,000 in total. Well the shooter would get part of that. But out of the $1,000 left as I illustrated there are lots of other factors. Probably only $1,000.

BUT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You just made my point.. 3 of those you say is 1500.. we pay 2000 standard, I was ok with paying him 3000 for it...

If he expects 3000 per masturbation/outfit/location, then I can not help him...

He clearly does not pay more for the location just because he uses 3 slightly different settings.
He clearly does not pay more for the girl, or he just is an idiot.

So that means he wants _for himself_ most of the extra 3000 USD per scene...

That, sorry.. is just silly.
He normally only pays $2,000. So by the time the shooter is paid he's paying all those add ons out of his own $800. No assistant then and screw buying new equipment to keep up.

And Fabian and the other trolls. The debate is not about what it costs me. It's not about what you will work for.

It's about what I will work for.

As for you working for that money. Go put an advert in the local papers as a wedding photographer because you'll earn more money. IF YOU'RE GOOD ENOUGH.

Those who were around prior to 2007 have no excuse. There was still a magazine market that DID pay $3,000 a set. Today if you work for these prices you might as well go shoot weddings and earn some real money.

Also not died or ignored this thread. Just don't have to sit on a computer all day long to beg for jobs that pay peanuts.

Quote:
Take Nathan up on his offer dude. Show all of these guys how it was done in the old days. Shut all of GFY up, once and for all. Show everyone how a "real" content shooter as yourself gets shit done.
No you take him up on his offer, 3 scenes for $2,000.00 He took my offer of $3,000 for 1 scene. I turned his offer down.

A real content shooter doesn't work for shit money. He takes his skills into a different field. That pays.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote