View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 03:51 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDalton View Post
Paul, i like you, but at some point you have to understand that your "$3000 for a solo" thing is over and will not come back. it's market rules - supply and demand.

you can shoot for $3000 if you're one of few people who supply and there's a high demand. but it's not like this anymore. 99.9% of the producers would happily shoot 3 solo scenes for $2000.

are they bad photographers? no.

is your shooting style (nowadays) worth $3000 a scene? no.

can anyone shoot a solo nowadays that is worth $3000? hardly - unless it's Playboy Magazine or Penthouse i guess

Barely Legal at some point sold good enough to justify that price. but where can you nowadays put a set and be sure that price would be worth it?

and even then - why would a publisher pay that price when you have tons of qualified producers who have adapted and shoot for a fraction of your price?

it's over, accept it, be happy that you were there during the good times
I agree with you 100%.

However that was not the discussion.

The question was asked about me coming back to shooting. I replied if I could earn $3,000. Never said anything about working for todays prices.

Fabian through challenge and was fine with 1 scene for $3,000. which I agree to subject to seeing the content on his site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
I told you the price $3,000 for a solo girl set and a video.

Of course this is subject to seeing your script. It might go up or down, it's based on what we used to shoot.

Solo girl content.

If you want something more involved the price will rise. If you want something very amateur the price will lower. Happy to keep the conversation here as well as by email. Will email you in a minute.
He seemed happy with that and even asked me to price 3 scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Paul,

check out shesafreak.com ... that style. We usually do 2 or 3 scenes per girl though when we do a shoot. So tell me an approx price for that, then I will get it going.
Quote:
I am honestly looking forward to this to be honest... I'd love to see what he can do for us....
Quote:
I can confirm, he eMailed me... I will let you know if we come to an agreement so everyone knows and can wait for it...
Until he contacted Montreal.

Quote:
Need to wait for Montreal to wake up ;)
An hour later something had changed.

Quote:
Paul,

Here are all the info you need for SAF:

VIDEO SPECS
We usually ask to shoot SAF on AVCHD or on XDCAM EX 1080p30. Both are good for us. Videos should all have three parts to them, meaning that every scene counts as 3 scenes. Each scene should have the same girl doing a solo in 3 different locations or settings and wearing 3 different wardrobes.

PICTURE SPECS
Since the scenes are split in three parts, each part should have at least 300 pictures.

SCRIPTS
We always send scripts for scenes, but they are usually more like guidelines for wardrobe and setting. The actions totally depend on the girls we get, some of them go a bit further than others. We usually write the scripts before we book the girls so it's usually up to the director to feel the girl's limits and give us the best they can to cater to the SAF members.

Considering that, tell me a price...

Same girl of course... same location...
All of a sudden he's changing my offer. $3,000 for a scene like we used to shoot will get me back to shooting. It has to be shot on different cameras, not a problem I can team up with those who have the cameras. BUT, he wants 3 scenes. Not 1. AND asks me to price it.

Then 1 scene became 3 scenes for $3,000. Obviously someone told him what he could or could not offer.

Quote:
Can't please everybody I guess... 9000 is definitely not happening for the same girl. Your costs are rather simply structured. This is not a deal about you making the same money as you made when you did a shoot and then sold it later.

The point also is more about seeing what you can do that is so much better. 3000 for such 3 scenes is clearly not little money, its quite a lot actually.. 12 to 20 minutes will not cut it either though anyway to be honest... Scene must be much longer than that...

This is also not a "nice try" ... let's do a BG scene instead, how much do you want for that? It will be easier, you asked for the solo girl thing...
I didn't ask for a solo girl scene. I stated a solo girl scene and he agreed.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote