View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 AM  
plsureking
bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
I'm all about change, I'm moaning about the status quo for today. Maybe I'm not doing it very well. But I'm clearly saying what is being done today is now working and it's time to change.
its a good place to start. if that was the point of this thread then it was read wrong by a lot of people. i probably read it wrong because all you do is bitch about problems and offer nothing of a solution. your solution in this thread is that publishers should pay you more. thats not realistic and you should know that.

industry veterans like yourself should be mentoring and offering solutions, advice, and helping the industry grow. you have knowledge that could be used to help the industry move forward if packaged right. but i dont see that here or on other boards. i see a grumpy old man.

i'm all about moving forward. i have at least another 20 years to go in my career so i'm always looking at the long view. what i see from my ~150 client sites and what i read on the boards is that people in this business ARE changing their strategies and plans as the market evolves. change is happening all over the industry. its most likely that you just aren't seeing the change.