View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:07 AM  
chrisceo

Industry Role:
Streaming / broadcasting a live event

If I posted this in the wrong section, please forgive me.

I am looking to capture and stream a live event. I understand Flash Media Server and a CDN, so that does not need to be explained. My issue is being portable. I am familiar with GlobeCaster where you can capture with your camera setup and broadcast with Windows Media Server to wherever you are streaming.

My issue is that GlobeCaster is a huge piece of machinery. I was looking for maybe a laptop solution to capture video from my camera and stream it to the FMS/CDN which broadcasts it on the website via most likely a Sprint 3/4G desktop modem. Sprint sells them as a backup Internet solution if you have no Internet access due to an outage and you really really need it. If anyone has a better solution / company (prefer nationwide), please share your information :-)

Does anyone know of a commercial solution (which would be preferred due to support) or a DIY / open source solution. This information would be much appreciated.
chrisceo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote