View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:46 PM  
David_C

Celebrity Fake Sites - Legal Risks

Hi,

I've been running 2 celebrity fake sites for a while now and the last couple of months my traffic and profits have increased consistently. So far this month I've made $700, which might not seem like a lot for some of you running larger sites, but considering I only do 15 min of work on the sites a day, I'm pretty happy with the earnings Obviously I want to continue my sites and earn even more

But, to get to my problem... Yesterday I accidentally stumbled across a post where the general consensus was that running celebrity fake sites is extremely risky due to the risks of getting sued. I never really took that into consideration as the pictures are fake... I understand you would get sued if they were real leaked pictures, but its fakes so obviously it's not real pictures of the celeb. So now I'm not sure if I should continue my sites...

Here's my questions:

1) What's the risk of actually getting sued in court? Do they tell you to remove the content first before actually taking any legal steps?

2) Would I be at less risk if I moved my sites to a host overseas? (My sites are currently hosted at hostgator since I live in US).

3) Where can I find more info on how to make my sites compliant the US adult laws? (Info that I'll actually understand :P ).

Thanks for your help!
  Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook