View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 AM  
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiopa_Matt View Post
And yes, the e-mail verification thing is quite simple. It was included in a project I just completed, and I probably did it for free, since it was a large project. Separately though, that would be a max of 0.5 hours from me.
Not an attack here but you must be a much better application designer than I am because there is no way I could give an accurate quote with the information available so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiopa_Matt View Post
Then if a client came to me, asking to develop account e-mail verification, I would most likely quote 0.5 hours. That's assuming there's more work than just that though.
Oh, I see. So you are hoping that your half hour is good but you need additional work involved to cover your ass in case you're low on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzy dude
Honestly, these are 2 many questions
If a new programmer is not asking lots of questions then I would suggest you beware of them.

No 2 systems are exactly alike, what you want done, if done properly, involves interacting with your existing system and database. Without knowing what the system looks like (what language it is coded in, whether the code is encoded or not, etc etc) and without knowing what the database looks like there is no way (in my opinion) that someone can give you an accurate read of what effort and time will be required to pull off what you want to pull off.

I have numerous email confirmation/activation routines I have put together across the years and one of them might be a very nice fit for what you want to do but I cannot make that decsion without digging down to get more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzy dude
It is likely one of the simplest things for a coder to do.
Nah, there are lots simpler things we do for clients all the time.

Last edited by sarettah; 11-16-2010 at 10:43 AM..
sarettah is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote