View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:22 PM  
Ron Bennett
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
...Wires are going out, so that is a good sign. VISA themselves say that the money shoudl be safe. I hope epass gets the problems with their bank resolved quickly...
I don't recall ever seeing any statement from VISA regarding the safety of the money.

From my understanding, VISA indicated they are not holding the money; nor whether it even all exists. They say to contact St. Kitts bank / ePassporte for more information regarding the funds.

ePassporte virtual visa funds are commingled together in a bank account(s) that presumably belongs / controlled by ePassporte and not their customers.

Furthermore, if ePassporte virtual visa operates anything like PayPal (excluding money market - that's separate and may be safer ... umm, kinda like e-wallet is safer), then it's likely there's little real money backing those funds - the account balance shown in virtual visa may have always been a total fiction.

Ron

Last edited by Ron Bennett; 09-15-2010 at 06:24 PM..
Ron Bennett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote