View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 09:10 AM  
boneless
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sologirlcontent View Post
I'm speculating here:
when was the last time to physically spoke to Chris? You seem very much out of the loop and when was the last time you were paid, if you don't mind me asking? I find it hard to believe that you would come on here and have no more info than the rest of us. Either you know more and not saying or you will be in the street looking for a job by next week. This silence from Chris is actually more telling than anything. You as spokesman w/ no info is also "telling". I'm also aware of how the movie financing biz works. if in fact CM put up $20m to fund the film, he didn't do it by himself. He would put up 30% cash and some collateral then an investment firm would match it...now if he didn't do that, he's in bigger trouble if he funded project ,solo.. There is NO way this movie will make back any of the money and the studio/investors know it. ..no matter how rich a person may seem to be, it is very possible to become cash poor quickly and cook some books and cause "defiencies" as Visa and bank have claimed.

So the money still may be available again, not sudden or we may see chapter 13 so pennies on the dollars can be paid. Movie making is a huge gamble and it's mainly for big companies and hedge fund investors..that's why , even some of the biggest films in history still show it's in the red. ( I have a recent profit print out from last Harry Potter movie..showing it's still in the red)

In the end someone needs to tell these people what to expect and when, so there's no more holding onto dreams or false hopes..so everyone on here and go to their "plan-B" if they have one. Answers are needed NOW
movies not making a profit or ending up in "red" is happening because alot of stuff gets paid out of the earning, and its not only the movie itself ;)

just sit back and do a calculation like i did on askdx and see how much epass is moving in terms of fees, card costs etc.etc. i think youll find the figure that comes out of it to be a big number.

Last edited by boneless; 09-09-2010 at 09:11 AM..
boneless is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote