View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM  
wyldblyss
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
The messages are very mixed. Visa says to contact the bank and/or Epassporte to retrieve the money from the frozen VV accounts. Rumor is, if you contact the bank they refuse to say much and tell you to call Epassporte (I haven't tried myself.) Epassporte rep here conspicuously refuses to answer the repeated questions about "where is the money" / "why can't we access the money".

My own theory is that when the VV accounts were disabled, the money rests in a bank account that Epassporte can access. They *could* transfer those funds back into our wallets or otherwise repatriate it to us, but once they start doing so, the accounting for that bank account gets hairy as hell. If they hope to get the Visa cards working again, they have to leave that account untouched.

There's a lot of fear-mongering about Epassporte or the St. Kitts bank, but I haven't seen any evidence that gives me any solid reason for concern there. I just wish Epassporte would be a little more forthright about the status of these funds, whose control they are currently under, and exactly what the various possible outcomes are. We all understand that matters are in flux, but I don't understand why it's not possible to be more clear about the things that Epassporte must know, such as who actually does control the funds while the accounts are frozen.
Who knows what is going on. No one seems to be giving a straight answer. I did call the St. Kitts bank and two different people on the phone said they had no idea where money from the VV's cards were. They did not know if it was in their bank, with Visa Corp etc. I asked if they could find out...the answer was NO. I talked to 4 different people, none of which would give their names, and two of which hung up on me. They said they were being told to send everyone to epass. When I read the *supposed* statement from Visa and said the statement seems to imply we can get the funds from them, they said that we could not get our funds from the bank and to contact epass. The last person I spoke with, when I persisted said that the bank was in negotiations with epass to get the issues resolved and he (her boss) was expected to have news that afternoon.

From that last statement it led me to believe that yes, the issue is between the St. Kitts bank and epass and not Visa & the bank. I believe someone else phoned also and was told that they could not get the money from St. Kitts contrary to the *supposed* Visa statement that a blog posted (but a poster in this thread confirmed they received the same statement from contacting visa corp through their webpage I believe)
wyldblyss is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote