View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 AM  
V_RocKs
Damn Right I Kiss Ass!

Industry Role:
If you are writing off the money you are a complete douche bag. I have been a member of many ETrade self-investment knock-offs that went bust. Every time the company either got bought out or literally closed its doors. The money they were handling was in a bank account somewhere and each and every time I was offered several ways to receive ALL of my funds... They included cutting me a check, wiring it to an alternate account or continuing on with the purchasing party.

Contrary to popular belief money doesn't just disappear. Madoff spent his inverters money and that is not the case here. Banks with bad debts lose the money to the debtors and even then your money is insured to a certain amount. And that is not the case here. Nobody took the money. Nobody spent the money. It is sitting in an account and will be dispersed one way or another when things come to a conclusion.

From what Michael O has expressed it seems Visa wants Epassporte to comply with some changes in house to conform with recent changes to debit card laws. Once those changes are made they can resume business as usual.

To the government watchdogs we all look like suspicious transactors because we are all using a card that breaks just about every rule requiring a report to be sent out. Either Epassporte will automate the reporting process or they will restructure how the card works.

Either way... you are going to have to realize that Murphy's Law states, "What can go wrong, will go wrong and all at the same time."

This didn't just happen on a Friday.... It happened on a 3-day weekend. So if shit doesn't get ironed out by tonight, it won't be until Tuesday at the earliest and I am thinking more like a week from now at the earliest. However, Epassporte may be able to work something with the bank to transfer all Virtual account monies to the Wallet account so that they can issue withdrawals to whomever requests one before then.
V_RocKs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote