View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:22 AM  
Marshal
Biz Dev and SEO

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanpimp View Post
I want the phone number of the VISA EXECUTIVE in charge of this. I want to know where he lives. I want to know what he looks like.
If we all protested outside his children's school, then maybe we would be taken seriously and get our money back.
THIS IS A VISA PROBLEM. NOT AN EPASSPORTE PROBLEM. VISA GAVE THEM A LICENSE TO USE THEIR PRODUCT. I AM AN EPASSPORTE CLIENT BECAUSE IT HAD THE VISA SEAL OF APPROVAL.
Let's think logical:

VISA is not stupid at all. as far as i was able to find out, this is NOT an epassporte problem, this is St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank problem:

Check out the first two articles in the searches, especially the first one:
http://www.thestkittsnevisobserver.c...tley-debt.html

You will be able to find out that St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla NATIONAL BANK was having problems for a long while, so as the country economy, and I guess VISA just blocked them for a reason, at least until they fix the national credibility issue.

Epassporte is located on Netherland Antilles and I'm sure they are not stupid to keep all of their money in the nearby country. This problem with the bank they are using for visa electron/virtual services is couple of months old (since this is a national problem), so I'm sure they were very well aware of this fact. I'm sure they are not dumb enough to be in a position to loose all their funds duet to the bank bankruptcy.

As far as I know, it's not possible to withdraw the funds from the epassporte visa account, but you should have no problems withdrawing money from the wallet using wire transfer and other methods offered there (at least that's their public statement which I also checked out from their support center).

Epassporte Visa money=St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank (I guess just a part of it).
Epassporte Wallet Money=Can't tell for sure, but their funds should be kept in some Netherland Antilles bank or even some US related bank, which is quiet logical.

Do you remember when Epass wallet option was implemented?

Quote:
ePassporte Wallet Account Holders may transfer funds to a bank account in the United States for a flat fee of US$3.00 per transfer. Account Holders residing outside of the United States may request a bank wire transfer for a fee of US$50.00.
Why would wire transfer to some US banks be so cheap, only 3 bucks? That makes me think Epassporte is probably using some bank close related to US banks (someone please help me understand this part).

Epassporte has been in business for the last 7 years and have a lot of experience running financial services. I guess they took measures to insure their money, so they would not run out of business or face a bankruptcy just like that. Their might have been slow at moments, but to be honest - never had any serious issue with them so far.

If everything turns out for the best, we will be able to withdraw money from Epass wallets and in the meantime VISA would simply have to return the frozen money by some means (since those funds are FDIC insured).

So, let's calm down and wait for their public release. The scenario I was hoping for is the following: Epassporte will just change the bank and get new VISA cards issued by them.

I hope I'm not going to regret after posting this publicly and hope everything turns out for the best!