View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 AM  
Michael O
More Cowbell

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldblyss View Post
No, I would not. I would understand removing my banner sends a specific message to people. I would set an auto reply that the current wait time is approx 1 hour and then get to work. I would figure out pretty quickly that most of the questions would be the same and I would type up answers to the most frequently asked questions and use macro's or copy/paste to assist in answering people more quickly.

Saying you are getting too many messages so you are removing that option as a means of communication when some people's entire lives are royally FUCKED is WRONG! These are real people Michael. These are people trying to figure out how to eat, how to pay the rent etc. The "I'm too busy" just doesn't cut it.

Now before everyone goes off on me about Michael being a great guy and he doesn't deserve this blah blah. It is Michael's job to take the heat for things that go wrong. That is why he is here, that is what he is being paid for. Michael having every confidence things will be resolved and be "all better" means nothing (sorry Michael). It just means what HE believes and he probably has no more idea than we do what is going on, so his opinion is just that, his opinion. His confidence is no guarantee. If he is wrong, it isn't like he is going to pay you. Michael IS a good guy. He is however not giving ANY information. He is just nicely saying "I know nothing, but when I know something I will let you know. You can't have your money, I don't know if you ever will get it, but I am confident in the people that I work for". That is basically what any employee would say about their employer in a public statement.

Remember Chio? Remember how he told everyone he had never screwed anyone, his word was his oath. Everyone would get paid. Chio was always a great guy to me. I never got paid. I lost a lot of money with him. Being a great guy does NOT mean anyone is going to be paid.
I removed it here to be able to do email/boards and IM at the same time, I still have ICQ open but I want to be able to answer anyone that contacts me and follow the boards.

I have been working for 18 hours straight with 2x45 minutes breaks half the time in the hospital with my sick girl on a total of 15 hours sleep the last 84 hours SO DON'T YOU DARE QUESTION MY COMMITMENT.
Yes this is my job, yes we have to make statements on whats going on because its in everyones interest because we will continue as a business and for that reason there are things we can not disclose.
There have been serious ups and downs in the 5 years I have been with ePassporte and both my superiors and colleagues have always been more than honest with me.

I am done with you on this board questions email me.