View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:19 PM  
Varius
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I didn't even notice he got banned until this page...

Few additional comments:

1) When you donate the 150$, please do so to some type of animal shelter/program; humans get enough help they don't appreciate already. (I practice what I preach, btw; I am volunteering my time this weekend to wash, walk and play with plenty of dogs at the animal shelter as well as bring them food, bowls and beddings).

2) This has absolutely nothing to do with his employer. As Abbie said, how he spends his money after he receives it is not their concern; unless it affects his job (ie. he blows it in a drunken binge and doesn't show up to work, or pawns his car and can't get to work, etc...)

Of course, if this kind of thing would start coming out more often, to the point where people do actually not want to work with the program if he is employed there, then I think it may matter. It's far from that point, though, IMO.

3) If Dwreck kept giving him dates to expect the money, whether it was legitimately owed or the result of drunken memories, he should have paid by those dates. Otherwise, as I said before, you simply tell him you don't believe you owe him the money - or that you really can't afford it right now and will try and pay when you are able. For this I definitely have to side with Carlos. Being strung along is amateur-hour.

I would like to think I have a skill for reading people I meet, and not knowing Carlos well but having met him a few times, he seems like an honest guy. I think he's letting his ego and rage get the better of him here though; typing with his emotions, not his head.

Regardless, Dwreck was in the wrong and for making another bad decision, banned. Not much more to say in this thread.