View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:21 AM  
Jayvis
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Dating Blog Traffic on a Budget

Dating Blog Traffic on a Budget

I am writing this piece in response to the overwhelming number of individuals that have a limited knowledge of the adult industry but have ambition and are willing to put in the effort; they just need a little coaching in order to place their best foot forward.

I can’t begin to express how many times I receive an email or ICQ along the lines of “How can I begin earning money with little to no start-up costs?” This in itself is a tough question to answer. It’s very difficult to build traffic with absolutely zero investment, but over the years I have found the following to be the best way to build organic traffic on a budget. These days it’s not exactly easy to slap together a simple page and rake in the money, but with a little bit of hard work and dedication, you can begin to ramp up search engine traffic in due time. Just remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

The typical “newbie” affiliate may not have a firm grasp on installing a complex tube or TGP script and they may lack the designer know-how of creating a beautiful page. Without that knowledge, both tasks can be costly to hand off to someone else. With that said, I am a firm believer in Wordpress as an easy, overall solution to starting a website. Whether you’re a novice or an industry veteran, Wordpress is free, simple to install, and highly customizable. If you’re brand new to Wordpress, a few hours inside the admin area will have you feeling very comfortable and familiar with the way it works. Even if you’re feeling apprehensive about installing Wordpress yourself, you can always rely on just about any virtual hosting company to do it for you, as most have the ability to do one-click installs which saves you a lot of the technical headaches.

I won’t focus on the many ways to make your blog the most eye-catching or tell you about the best plug-ins. Instead, I’d like to jump right into discussing some of the methods I have used in the past for garnering search engine traffic. So with that said, let’s assume that you have Wordpress installed, you have a theme you’re happy with and you’re ready to begin publishing content.

The first method I would like to share involves writing a blog as a typical dating site user, almost in a “review” sense. It boils down to writing about your experience with a product. Is it a new idea? Not at all. Is it saturated? Depending on who you talk to, just about any affiliate method is “saturated” but I’ll tell you this… it’s effective; both in earning money and climbing the SERPs. I will try and break this method down to every little detail so that you can get a clear picture of how I worked this angle and how it was effective for me.

Firstly, our “review blog” is going to be focused on dating, written by me in the first person. You need to grab a domain. Let’s say the domain is “HowJayGotLaid.com” or “SingleGuyInNY.com” or some variation of those… after all, in this instance, we are going after the dating market.

I would suggest you start with an “about me” page and do a write up to allow your visitors to really feel like they know you, the writer. You can work this a few different ways. I would do stories of how “I” had a hard time overcoming shyness and therefore decided to give online dating a chance and (of course) it was a “great success!” – It’s important to come off as a “work in progress” story and to mention that “I use this blog to document my success one date at a time – as a kind of personal dating diary” and “now I wanted to share my story with the world.” Include a picture (make sure you have permission if you’re going to be using other’s content) – this allows your visitors to put a name to a face.

From here, you can begin with the actual posts. I think its common sense to keep your affiliate links as discreet as possible. We’re writing this as though we’re writing in a personal diary, not spamming the hell out everyone. Some common blog topics and points of interests to help fill content:

Quote:
-Clearly identifying your problem. “I was a shy guy, not bad looking; I just didn’t have any game. One day I decided to change that by cleaning up my act and seeing what online dating had to offer.” Tell some stories about how you shyly failed at meeting girls before this, in the real world. Or about how you’re getting older and all of your friends are getting married. Or how you have failed time and time again visiting the bar scene.
Quote:
-How you came to joining Amateur Match or whatever site you decide to promote. “I googled a ton of different dating sites but I finally decided on joining xxxxxxx dating site because they have such and such features and they cater to adult dating and that’s something I might want to satisfy my needs, etc.” Ask one of your affiliate reps for a log-in so that you can accurately describe the unique features within the site.
Quote:
-Justify paying for a dating membership in the first place. “I would spend my weekends buying videogames and playing those and I finally realized that for the same price of a videogame (if not less) I could at least be searching for girls in my area and allowing them to notice me!”
Quote:
-How chatting online helped improve communication skills and talking to women in real life. “I was always so shy but I gained confidence chatting to women online from the comfort of my own home… I noticed that confidence stuck with me as I interacted with women in my everyday life.
Quote:
-Benefits of being able to chat to more than one girl at a time. “The great thing about being a member on this site is that I can talk to as many girls as I want and see who I click with the best. In the real world this is almost impossible to get away with that!””
Quote:
-Throw in a few stories about the funny messages you got from gay men trying to hit on you and how you laughed it off and politely denied them. Once again, we’re trying to make this as real as possible and not go for the direct sale. Going slightly off topic and including things like “well today I didn’t have any time to work on my game – my job at xxxx was just waaayyy too exhausting! I came home and went right to bed!” Or “Today Josh and I were playing basketball and he mentioned how annoying his girlfriend is, I hope I don’t end up that unhappy when I find one lol!"
Quote:
-Give out advice on how you personally made your profile as appealing as possible. “I decided to not upload any of the drunken party pics of me and my buddies in college and instead went for a more subtle approach. I think it was a good choice so far. After all, at the end of the day, I’m looking for a girl I can bring home to mom, not just a one night stand! …Although, I’ll take what I can get!”
Quote:
-Some of the dates I went on – “I decided to take Veronica to this little known coffee shop after she mentioned how much she loves a good cup of Joe…” and take it from there. Tell funny date stories, how hard you had to think about what to wear, what cologne you put on, how you had to clean your car beforehand to make sure it looked good etc.
Quote:
-After meeting the girl. – “Well Veronica and I have went out on two dates so far…” and “here’s my next date idea ________ what do you guys think??” This lets your visitors interact with the blog, now they are chiming in and thus you now have repeat visitors to see if their idea was the one you used.
Quote:
-Adding in the occasional fake comments to a question like the one above seems to help. Once again, just don’t make it totally obvious. This helps “group mentality.” If someone visits your site and see’s 18 comments on a post, it’s more likely that they’ll contribute something as well or react to a comment already on the post.
Quote:
-Add in dating tips for other guys in the same boat as you. Tips and tricks you learned along the way and now you’re passing along to everyone. “I should have filled the gas tank up yesterday because I was five minutes late picking up Veronica! There was nothing I could do, it was either stop and get gas before picking her up or running it to empty later on in the night! Guys, don’t make the same mistake I did, she was pissed lol. But I made up for it by taking her to a movie she ended up loving!”
Ok, ok, you get the idea by now (hopefully).

With those topics above you could easily fill a blog with 20-30 posts over a period of time, if not more.

I would advise against placing banner ads on your blog. I would suggest sticking with only text links (but feel free to do it both ways to see how your traffic reacts to it). Sometimes people will come to your site and read every single word you post, other times they are lethargic and might only click on the flashy dating banner that caught their eye. Like I said, do a test and see how the clicks fluctuate.

The great thing about this method of sending traffic is that you can apply it to almost anything. Whether it’s adult, dating, mainstream; writing a blog can be done for almost any topic. The sky is the limit.

Last edited by Jayvis; 04-20-2010 at 10:27 AM..
Jayvis is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote